Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Sweet Corn of 2011!!

If you know me, or were acquainted with me during my pregnancy with Baylor, you know that I live for sweet corn season.  It is heavenly, let me tell ya!  And the other day we got our hands on some of the good stuff. Locally grown.  Perfectly delicious.

And, it was Mollie's first time getting to try it right off the cob!  First, she watched her brother, the old pro, attack his ear of corn.  He did much better than he did last year, reminding us all the way to "eat the bumps".




I have to say, he did a pretty good job.  Slightly patchy, but awesome for a two year-old.


Spurred on by her brother's example, Mollie took a tiny nibble of corn.



She didn't get the concept, though, and eventually I had to cut the corn off the cob for her.  She enjoyed it much more that way.


Baylor polished off most of his corn with no problem, and I know he's a natural-born sweet corn eater.  Mollie, well, I have hope for her.  In the meantime, she's just really content exploring and observing (but not eating) big people food.

No comments: