Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mollie's Boo Boo and Our Puppy

While playing the other day, Miss Mollie leaned on one side of our ball bucket, causing the other side to come up and clip her under the eye.  After crying bloody murder for a minute or two, she allowed us to cautiously assess the situation.  It was just a minor abrasion, but we thought it best to put a cold compress to reduce any swelling she might have. 

Yeah, she didn't appreciate the gesture.



As much as she loves her Aunt Christine, she did not want her touching her eye with that cold thing.

She was still intrigued by the cold thing, though.


It's just a small cut, below her left eye.  If you click on the picture below it might enlarge enough for you to see it.

In no time she was up and playing again, just like nothing had happened.

After the incident, we decided to enjoy the cupcakes Mom and Christine bought from a new bakery in town.  They bought the red velvet one with me in mind ... they know me so well.

And here's our puppy.  Isn't she cute?  Begging for other people's food and all. 

"Hey, if Aunt Christine and Mama won't give me any, I'll hit up Oma."

Mom was all ready to give the little lady a piece of the cake, but I put the kibosh that. 

Yes, I'm a buzz kill, I know. 

1 comment:

Shan said...

Hey! So, I saw the Mollie fell and scratched her eye (poor baby) and I wanted to share something with you that I LOVE for cold compresses. They are called "Owie Bags"
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedDandelions?section_id=7009574

My friend April makes them and they are fabulous. She has a description on her site to tell you all the different ways to use them. Seriously, they are great. :D

Your kids are adorable. I love reading your blog and looking at the pictuers.