Saturday, February 26, 2011

B and Me Time

Most mornings, Mollie and Baylor get up, have breakfast, enjoy a little play time, and by about 11:00 it's time for Mollie to go back down for a nap.  After I get her down, Baylor and I enjoy a little mommy-son time.

We have a goldfish cracker snack.


And lately we've been playing with Legos, in part because to play with them with Mollie around means to have everything you've built ripped apart by two tiny hands.  She is relentless in her pursuit to tear everything apart, and some days it's a little much for Baylor to handle.  So we've been coping by playing while she's asleep.

Baylor has been into assembling his letter Legos in alphabetical order, so after he got them all hooked together I helped him turn it into a REALLY tall tower.  Which he, in turn, wanted to turn into an elevator by adding a window at the bottom.


Whenever I bust out the camera to take pictures, he likes to say, "Cheese!" and smile a big smile.  So I snuck a picture with him ... he won't be cool with this forever, so I better take advantage of it while I can.


Then he wanted me to take a picture of the TV, so I did.


He usually finishes his fish crackers before I finish mine and asks for a few of mine in his bowl.  I usually oblige.


Funny kid.


His tower accidentally got knocked over, and when he went to put it back together, he started collecting only the vowels.  So we had a little tower instead.


He was pretty proud of himself, as he should be.


He made a little train and got down to get a better view of it.



All the while, I had been assembling like-colored Legos into funky shapes for him.  When he discovered what I was doing, he started putting them together to make an airport.  Here's the finished product, complete with a "consonant elevator".


I thought the vowel tower was also an elevator, which he informed me later it was NOT.


He finally got hungry for lunch, so we headed for the kitchen and made a little French PB & J.  I love my time around midday ... just me and Little B.  

No comments: