Monday, February 7, 2011

World's Worst Common Cold Award

The award for the world's worst bout of the common cold goes to my little man, Baylor.  Holy mackerel!  I have no clue what this particular virus is, but it is rocking his world.  One day last week he woke up from his nap with a fever - 101.4 degrees to be exact.  Remember?  Anyways, since then, he has gotten viral conjunctivitis (pink eye) from rubbing mucus in his eyes and has thrown up two more times from all the drainage.  Oh, and he's had ear aches in both ears.

The pictures below are from the day he woke up with his left eye sealed shut, a terrifying moment for him, to be sure.  I could hear him screaming on the monitor, "I can't open my eyes!!"  I haven't sprinted upstairs like that in a long time.  (The pictures don't do justice to how red his eyes were, but he winced in pain when the flash went off for this picture so I stopped documenting and gave him a hug instead.)




Last night we considered taking him to the after-hours pediatrician in our area but were dissuaded from doing so by the nurse at our ped's office.  And this morning he woke up slightly better.  I'm so hoping (knock on wood) that he's turned the corner.

Wash your hands, dear readers ... something's going around.  Yikes!

No comments: