Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day with Two Kids

Valentine's day is not typically one of my favorite holidays; I've had enough crummy ones to leave a bad taste in my mouth.  But with kids like mine, it's hard not to enjoy a sweet holiday like this one, and we spent most of our day saying our "I love yous" and snuggling.

Baylor enjoyed a little Lego time when Mollie was down for her nap, and he came to me, proud as can be, with a letter "I" he made!  



Then it was time for lunch and he requested French PB & J.  Knowing how messy that can get and how lightly-colored his clothes were, I decided to let him eat in the buff.  What kid doesn't love a little naked time?


Mollie soon got up from her nap and was all smiles as we enjoyed lunch together.


Yes, I made him wear a bib.  It still caught a lot of food, and it was easier for me to clean up.


Don't worry, he still managed to get jelly all over himself ... particularly after his bib turned into a cape.


Mollie thought that was applause-worthy.


She's such a funny bunny!


Since my husband had class, we spent Valentine's day dinner with my parents and sister.  My parents gave the kids and my husband and I some Valentine's gifts the day before (a Playdoh fun factory for b, an Olivia doll for A, and the Sound of Music DVD and soundtrack for us all to share), but my sister had a couple gifts for the kiddos to enjoy on the actual day.  She got Mollie this huge, nubby ball; Mollie is a HUGE fan of balls so it was a total hit!  And Baylor got one of those wire bead mazes, which he found fascinating.


Ah, one can never have too many balls, you know?


He was lost deep in concentration when he played with this new toy.


Mollie, of course, wanted to play too, but Baylor wasn't cool with that for too long.


So Aunt Christine hopped in and read the little lady a book.


We had lots of fun!


And the night was capped off with German chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting!  Baylor hoovered his like we never feed the kid.  I swear, we do!


All in all, it was a really great day!  (Especially as far as Valentine's Days go.)

No comments: