Thursday, May 19, 2011

Craving Ice Cream for Breakfast?

Today the little man had a hankering for ice cream for breakfast.  As much as I like to think I'm a cool mom, I'm not that cool; there was no way he was getting ice cream for breakfast.  But he was adamant.

So I came up with a solution on the fly that I think appeased us both.  Enter the yogurt parfait.



First, I talked it up as this great, fancy treat.  Then I poured one of his YoKids yogurts into a bowl, added some blueberries and strawberries, and sprinkled a little granola on top.  Voila!  A healthy, fancy treat!

I'll admit, he was a little skeptical of it at first.


But then when I asked him if he liked it, he wouldn't answer me in between bites.  Which is usually a sure sign that he is totally digging something.  Awesome!


I think he'll like this treat even more when he is fully over his cold and can actually taste things.  Either way, I'm so glad he enjoyed it now!

No comments: