Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

The Saturday night before Mother's Day I had a raging sore throat that wouldn't go away.  Sure enough, I woke up on Mother's Day with a lovely little cold.  And, sadly, Mollie got it, too.  So our Mother's Day together wasn't as awesome as it could have been had we been in full health, but we had fun anyway.

After getting ready and eating breakfast, we headed over to my parents' house for lunch and play.  Baylor busted out the trains early and made a simple track (with some help).



Mollie, not feeling well, was a little clingy, mainly to Mom and me.


But she was able to enjoy a few spins in the office chair, giggles and all.


Baylor really enjoyed those trains!


As a special treat, Christine made raspberry macarons for us to enjoy.  Not only were they beautiful ...


... but they were also positively delicious!  (I'm hoping to have her guest post on here about how to make them; it's a really fascinating process.)


Mollie continued her love affair with the kids step stool.


And toted Dollie around for comfort.


After spending time at Mom and Dad's house, we headed home for naps and then went to my in-laws' house to celebrate with them.  I didn't take any pictures there because my cold was getting the better of me, as colds are apt to do.  But we had fun anyway, and it's always nice for the cousins to get to play together.

Mollie ended up with an ear infection, and Baylor ended up getting our cold the Tuesday after Mother's Day. So since Mother's Day we've been basically fighting our way back to health (and getting others sick in the process ... so sorry, Mom and Christine!!).

But, nonetheless, it was a very happy Mother's Day!  (Truth be told, though, it's tough to have a bad one with kids like mine.)

I love you two so much and am so proud to be your mother!

No comments: