Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hang Time with Mollie


So, because she's been sick, Mollie hasn't been eating as well at dinner.  Consequently, she has been waking up at about 7:00 a.m. hungry as can be and ready for the day.  Which means her nap has moved up and no longer coincides perfectly with Baylor's.

*sigh*

I'm hoping it's temporary because the house and I are falling apart without a break in the day to get stuff done and/or relax for a second.

That said, I have had a lot of nice one-on-one time with both of the kiddos this past week.  With Baylor we're constantly reading or playing make-believe (or eating) and he doesn't always want his picture taken.  Mollie, on the other hand, is not camera shy in the slightest.  One day in particular, she and I had a lot of time together, and the sunlight was perfect for pictures.  I hope you enjoy them.



For most of our afternoon together, Mollie and I spent our time out on the three-season porch.  With the warmer weather we had last week, the kids took full advantage of this special space and spent as much time out there as they could.


Mollie got into my old toy box and rummaged around for some more toys.


She finally settled on the horse and a farmer from Baylor's John Deere set.  It was like she was helping them come alive.




Then she got a little silly and peeked at me under the table.


She did head inside to make a mess of her brother's kitchen at one point.


But soon we were back out on the porch.



She flopped on my old futon and slid down a little.  I have no idea why she did that, but it was super cute.


Not only does she have a lovely cold and an ear infection, but she is also working on FOUR molars.  Hence all the sucking of her lips.  Poor little lady!


I love it that she is able to smile through it all, though.


She has just figured out where her belly is, and she LOVES to show it off.  It is awesome!


That day she was also into this weird tripod head stand thing that I couldn't figure out (if I had done this my head would be throbbing from all the congestion).  But, it made her happy so that's all a mother can ask for, right?


She's such a cutie!


So curious about the world around her.


It was nice having a little time together, just me and my girl.

No comments: