Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grandma's Muffin Tins

My mom came over the other day and brought a special treat for Baylor: my Grandma Mitzi's old mini muffin tins.  Now, you might think this was a peculiar treat for a two-and-a-half year-old boy, but I cannot begin to tell you the joy he felt and expressed when he found them later that evening.  Instantly he started "making" cornbread muffins (his personal favorite) in his little kitchen.



He added all the ingredients, some correct and some "imaginative", mixed them in his mixer, and then made sure to scrape down the bowl.


The best part?  His "new" muffin tins fit perfectly in his oven!  So he can "actually" cook them without having to leave the door open.

The best part for me?  A part of my grandma is here with us, stoking the fires of my son's imagination.  She never got to meet him, but she feels a little closer now that these mini muffin tins are here.  Oddly enough.

No comments: