Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Budding Photographer

Recently, my crafty little son has been snagging my camera and practicing his photography skills.  While most of his pictures are blurry close-ups of his face, he has been getting increasingly better at taking pictures of other things and people.

They might not always be level, but he managed to get Mollie in the shot at least.



Sometimes he'll cut off the top of a head ...


... or just miss it entirely.


But at least they're in focus!


Stuffed animals are so important to kids, so it's no surprise that he felt compelled to take a picture of Mollie's new bunny napping in my old toy cradle.


I was in the kitchen while they were spending time out in the three-season room.  I had no idea he still had my camera at this point.


But he did.


And I soon found out.


After browsing through his pictures and seeing how much better he was getting at taking pictures, I asked him to snap a photo of Mollie and me.  So close, bubba!  So close!


Yes, I knew he had my camera at this point, but I didn't know he was taking a picture of me.


But I, again, soon found out.


Mollie didn't know he was taking her picture either.


Once she knew, though, she was ready to ham it up for her brother.


But it's not always portraits ... sometimes he likes to take pictures of scenery, too.


Self-portraits are still his favorite though.  The majority of the pictures he takes are of his nostrils.  It's quite amazing.


I love this one he captured of Mollie.  And it's so nice to have someone else taking pictures besides just me!


It means that, sometimes, I get to be in the pictures now, too!  We just have to get the little man leveled out and we'll be set to go.

I'm so glad he's taken an interest in taking pictures ... it's such a useful skill to have!

(All of these photos were taken by my two-and-a-half year-old son, Baylor Jacques.)

No comments: