Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 21

Tonight I am grateful for those little moments I get here and there where I feel like I am really making a difference in someone's life.  I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I don't have the satisfaction of seeing a project get finished, a task completed.  Most of my many jobs around the house and with the kids are never-ending; as soon as I get the laundry done, someone's clothes get tossed in the hamper, as soon as I finish breakfast (and the clean up that follows) there is lunch to be had, and so on and so forth.  So the moments where I feel like something I'm doing is directly benefiting someone else in a defined way are truly great.  Baylor isn't feeling well, though at present I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, and before I sat down to write this post I washed his water bottle, filled it up with some nice cold water, and stuck it in the fridge in case he needs it in the middle of the night.  And for some reason, a wave of gratitude washed over me; I am doing something that could give Baylor quick relief should he need it, I thought, and I felt like that little thing I did mattered.  I don't get many of those moments, but I think they are what keep me going some days.  And for that I am grateful.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: