Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 9 (a day late ... again)

I wrote the majority of this yesterday but was never able to grab another minute to finish it up and post it.  So I guess that's an improvement, right?

Today has been a rough day; my temper has been short, my list of grievances long.  Things were so crummy - in my head, anyway - that I was struggling to figure out what in the world I'd be grateful enough to write about in this post.  Pathetic, right?  I was relieved when nap/rest time hit so I could get a bit of a break, and then I went and pissed it away searching things on the internet and not eating enough lunch.  Then Baylor had the audacity to want to get up after a little over an hour of being alone.  The nerve, right?!  He was full of bouncy energy and was talking a blue streak.  Still exhausted from my stressful morning, I was less-than-thrilled to jump back into things with my little chatty Charlie.

I made it down to the living room after scooping up his clothes (he almost always takes them off, save his underwear, during his rest time) and his books.  There was Baylor, so happy to see me and so energetic.  He stood there and talk to me all about what we were going to do; sadly, in my exhaustion and irritation I don't even recall what he said.

And that's when it happened.

Suddenly, Baylor broke out in this happy, butt-wiggling, grinning-ear-to-ear dance in his Friday underwear (he rocks days-of-the-week underwear most of the time ... it's awesome).  I couldn't help but smile and laugh as I watched him shimmy around the room, dancing to his own groove.  It was exactly what I needed to bring me out of my funk, and in that moment I was so thankful for Baylor and his silly little dance.





Have a wonderful day!

No comments: