Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Fourteen

"Mommyyyyyyyyy!  I'm starving!  Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!  I'm STARVING!"

That is what Baylor called down to me yesterday during his rest; he hadn't eaten his lunch well and was hungry as a result.  I walked up, informed him that he still had to rest but that he could have a snack afterwards if he needed it, left, and breathed a sigh of gratitude.

Today I am grateful that my children haven't experienced actual starvation.  I know we often throw that saying, "I'm starving!" around too much, use it too lightly.  I feel so incredibly lucky that our little family has the means to feed ourselves well; I hope someday our children understand that not everyone is as fortunate as we are.

On the off chance that I don't manage to get a post up tomorrow, happy Thanksgiving!  I hope yours is full of love and laughter.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: