Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pumpkin Drama

Remember all those pumpkins we got at Sietsma's and the one Baylor got on his first field trip?  Well, I'm glad I took a picture of those lovely pumpkins when we first got them because they didn't exactly make it to Halloween.  You see that squirrel sitting on the fence there?



Well apparently he had an affinity for pumpkins.


And an aversion to cleaning up after himself.


About a day after the above picture was taken, most of the rest of the pumpkin above was eaten, except for the stem.

He started in on the bigger pumpkins as well.


I thought I'd try to stop the carnage by filling up the bird feeders so he'd have something else to go after.  And for a minute I thought I had succeeded.


Then I discovered there were two of them.  One who likes seed and one who loves pumpkins.  Awesome.




In the end, I can't really complain about it too much; the kids loved watching the squirrels and finding out what sort of new damage they'd done each day.  Sadly, it meant we ended up not carving our pumpkins.  But all was not lost ...

No comments: