Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day Thirteen (on time!)

Today I am also grateful for the promise of a new day.  So often I look at my days and analyze what went wrong - all those times I lost my temper, all those moments wasted hyper-focusing on a particular article on the internet, all those to-dos that didn't get checked off my list.  All these wrongs build up sometimes and get me down, making me feel like I am somehow out of control and stuck all at the same time.  But then those moments come when I realized I have another day waiting ahead of me to try again, to do better than I did today, and I am so grateful that I get the chance to practice patience, to focus on things that matter to me, to knock those to-dos right out of the park.

So off to bed I go, grateful that a new day waits for me just beyond the horizon.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: