Wednesday, November 21, 2012

That's What They Said: Differences and Trickery

Amalia:  Mommy, do you have a penis?
Me:  No.
Baylor:  (to Amalia)  I have a penis!
Amalia:  Do boys have penises?
Me:  Yes, boys have penises.  Girls do not.
Amalia:  (apologetically) Ohhh, that happens sometimes.


Amalia:  (to Baylor while they are both sitting on the potty)  You have a good penis.
Baylor:  Thanks!  I like your shirt.
Amalia:  Thanks!  It's white.
Baylor:  I like your socks, too.


Amalia:  (having a pretend phone conversation with someone)  Just give me a call and we can talk it over.


Baylor:  The door to my dungeon is made of stones painted blue.
Me:  Ah, very cool, buddy!  (hoping to get him to draw actual stones)  What do stones look like?
Baylor:  Rocks.
Me:  (smiling)  Well, yes.  What do rocks look like?
Baylor:  Stones.


Bryson:  (after hearing how I'd been tricked by stones and rocks earlier)  Baylor, what are stones and rocks like?
Baylor:  They're the same!


Amalia:  Mommy, you look pretty today.
Me:  Aww, thank you, Mollie!
Amalia:  Not as pretty as D.W. (Arthur's sister in the Marc Brown books)
Me:  Oh, okay.
Amalia:  But you are still pretty.

No comments: