Friday, November 16, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 8 (a day late)

Today I am grateful for my sleep disorder, idiopathic hypersomnolence.  I know that probably sounds weird, and I am certainly not always happy to have it, but I am so grateful that at the end of nearly every day I am able to lay my head down and fall asleep within five minutes and stay asleep for the entire night as long as the kiddos don't wake me.  Last night I had a terrible night's sleep; I woke up at midnight and from then on I was awake on and off, all the while thinking it was time to get up.  When I finally dragged myself out of bed with my alarm clock, I felt grateful that this is not the norm for me.  Yes, most days I wake up feeling like I could sleep another 2, 3, ... 10 hours, but the time I have slept has been good and deep.  I have friends who have bouts with insomnia, and I feel lucky that sleep typically comes easy for me.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: