Monday, February 11, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 96

Today I am grateful that Mollie seems to be okay after falling head-first off one of the bar stools at my mom's house.  She was readjusting in her seat when she lost her balance and tumbled off.  As one would expect, she came up bawling, all red in the face with tears everywhere, and it took a little longer than usual to calm her down.  But then, as she was winding down her cries, she sobbed, "Don't let Baylor eat all the apples!"  Aaaannnd we knew she was okay.

Still, I called her doctor who gave me a good idea of warning signs to look out for and how to deal with her nap.  They wanted me to wake her up 20 to 30 minutes into it and make sure she could recognize me, then she could drift off to dreamland again.  So, 25 minutes into her nap, I trudged up the stairs, slipped into my old room, and tried to wake her.  I didn't want to jolt her awake and may have been a little more gentle at the outset than I usually might have been were I just trying to wake her up, yet I was still a little concerned that she wouldn't wake up right away.  It took a bit of nudging to get her to wake up, and even then she wouldn't say my name.  I'd ask her what my name was and she'd plop her head back on the pillow.  After a few tries, I told her that I wouldn't leave until she told me my name.  Still, she laid back down.  Finally, I said, "Mollie, what's my name?"  And, perturbed, she looked at me and said, "I don't know, Mama."

That's my Mollie girl.

I know we're not out of the woods yet, but that gave me a little confidence going into the rest of nap time.  Here's hoping!

And I hope you have a wonderful afternoon!

No comments: