Friday, May 14, 2010

Big and Strong, Pt. 2

Once Baylor was down for the night, I steeled myself up for the long haul with Mollie. She has been difficult to get down for the night, and given her heightened state of agitation I feared the worst.

That said, no matter the circumstances, every night involves some sort of premature celebration at the prospect I might be able to go to bed at a decent time. One night this week, for instance, I grinned with delight as my daughter looked as though she might go to sleep around 10:15 at the conclusion of her first feeding, only to be kept awake until 1:12 a.m. by a baby who just wanted to be held and bounced. Because of this constant up and down, checking her time and time again, analyzing every last noise, I go to bed on pins and needles every night, a combination of fear that she'll awaken again and giddiness at the very prospect of sleep.

It was another long night for me and Miss Mollie; she was pretty awake and just wanted to be held and bounced. But Baylor stayed quiet for the duration, so that made life a little easier. And by the morning, I had two happy, well-rested kiddos. There's not much more a mom could ask for, if you ask me! (Though a little more sleep might be nice ...)

No comments: