Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Doings

Our Mother's Day Sunday was quite jam-packed with activity, as most Mother's Days are when you live close to both mothers.

In the morning, we spent time just the four of us ... I got to open my gifts (a new watchband and a kids' Italian cookbook) and spend time with the little ones and my husband.

Baylor has been infatuated with the front hall closet and just that day realized that I had a bunch of purses stored in there.

At noon, we met up with my in-laws at the Gardens for a little lunch ...


... and to see the new Chihuly exhibit. Luckily it was sunny out as a lot of the pieces are outdoors.


However sunny it may have been, though, it was quite cold and windy out. Not the best combination for an infant just getting over a stomach bug, but we got to see a little bit of the exhibit.

Like this installation out at the pond. Yes, all those buoys and that big blue spiky ball are all glass! Amazing!

Baylor got up close and personal with one of the permanent sculpture exhibits.



On the other side of the pond was a boat filled with some of the most beautiful blown glass I have ever seen.


It was a gorgeous day for a walk.


Have I mentioned that I LOVE tulips? Nothing says spring quite like a tulip, does it?


We then spent some time in the Children's garden.


Unfortunately, the wind picked up after that, so Mollie and I headed inside. And soon after, we headed to my parents' house so Little B could get a nap.
While there, we celebrated Mother's Day with my mom.



And we got to watch Betty White host SNL ... I just love her! (Yes, I took a picture of the television ... feel free to shake your head at my silliness.)


Mom and Mollie spent some quality time chilling.


After a delicious lasagna dinner and some yummy lemon cake, we headed home so Bryson could pack for his business trip. Baylor got to play in our room ... Daddy's fan is always a favorite there.


And I was finally able to capture a couple of Miss Mollie's smiles!



I had a good Mother's Day ... my first as a mother of two.


Thanks to all those who made it so special! And happy Mother's Day (belatedly) to all my mother friends and family.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Looks like you had an amazing mother's day! I can't wait to meet your daughter and to see how grown up Baylor is in person. Looks like you four are doing well.