Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 32

Today I am grateful for our family's Christmas tradition of participating in Toys for Tots.  Every year, we head out with my dad (and sometimes my mom as well) and pick out a bunch of toys to donate to the Toys for Tots program, which gives Christmas gifts to underprivileged children during the holiday season.  This particular tradition is near and dear to my heart because so often I feel like it brings the holidays back into focus; this is the season of giving, and whether we like it or admit it or not sometimes we can get sidetracked by the trimmings and trappings, as Dr. Seuss so eloquently put it.

Baylor and Amalia came with us this year, and while I don't think they quite grasped the fact that some kids just don't have as much as they do, they participated anyway and I'm excited for when they start to understand how wonderful it is to give to others.

Have a wonderful day and a holiday season full of giving!

No comments: