Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 24 (a day late)

Today I am grateful for these gratitude posts, as circular as that may seem.  I am grateful for them because they have brought me back to more regular blogging.  Not all that long ago I was writing almost daily, racking up at least 20 posts a month.  In the past year that number has fallen and so much of it is because of things out of my control.  After letting it lapse as much as I did, I felt like I had to try to play catch up with all the pictures I hadn't posted yet, all the stories left untold, and it swamped me; I take a lot of pictures and the kids keep stories coming whether I am ready for them or not.  Having to write these gratitude posts allows me to have at least a little time in this special space of mine and gives me hope that I'll someday catch up (or at least allow myself to let go of the guilt of not recording it all).

I also am grateful that these posts allow me to do more writing, which I so love to do.  Writing always makes me feel like I still have a brain beyond being a mom; I feel like sometimes I have to prove that, even though I've chosen to stay at home with my kiddos, I am still smart and somewhat talented.  That beyond all the laundry and cooking and care-taking I do around here, I still have a voice.

And, on that note, it's off to switch laundry loads!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: