Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Year of Gratitude: Day 39 (two days late ... *sigh*)

Clearly the days are getting away from me.  In spite of having most of my holiday shopping done weeks ago, I feel behind, mostly in the areas I neglected while shopping - like sending out holiday cards and baking and gift making.  So I've been trying to push through those while still trying to keep the house functioning at an acceptable level.

But even though the holidays provide a lot of stress in areas left largely unnoticed the rest of the year, I am so grateful that we have this holiday season.  I love searching out the perfect gift for someone, making them something they'll hopefully love, and anticipating fun times together.  As a kid I didn't really get it; I couldn't see how precious this time of year is.  Halloween was always my favorite holiday because I got to dress up, but I have noticed that Christmas time is slowly taking over the favorite-holiday spot.  Even before the kids came along, I felt a new kinship with the season, and now that the kids are here it is even more special.

So for all the magic, joy, love, and laughter of the holiday season I am truly grateful.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: