Friday, May 3, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 177

Today I am grateful that a new restaurant outing with the kiddos went well.  I feel like it's really important that these first new experiences go well because then down the line I can refer back to them, and show the kids that trying new things and having new experiences is a good thing.

Ironically enough, I was probably even more opposed to going to the restaurant than the kids were.  I've driven by it a thousand times, never once feeling remotely compelled to go in and give it a try.  It might be the name ... Fat Boy's.  



Once we got inside, though, I was pleasantly surprised.  It was remarkably clean, as far as greasy spoons go, and it was nice and quiet.  We placed our order then found a seat at a booth near the bar.

An even bigger treat for the kids was likely getting shakes to have with lunch.  I will admit, I am a bit of a stickler about healthy foods (as much as I can be when we go out anyway), so this was a big deal for them.  It probably helped that Grandpa E came along.



Baylor enjoyed his shake thoroughly and drank every last drop.  He even sported a little pink mustache!


Grandpa E got Baylor to try a French fry dipped in strawberry shake, but Baylor's only response was a dubious, "Weird."  He tried it again, but after that I have a feeling he just thought that was a waste of a shake. The dude loves desserts.


Mollie gave Fat Boy's a mediocre review, likely because she thought everything in the women's bathroom was broken and she chose some rather boring chicken tenders.  Baylor gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up, due in no small part to the shake.

As for me ...

I hate to say it but the food was awesome.  That burger was greasy, but not so much that it destroyed the bun, and flavorful and tender without being the slightest bit pink in the middle.  So yeah, it was horribly unhealthy but very delicious, as most horribly unhealthy things are.  I'm sure we'll be back, but I'm going to fight to make it a rare occasion.  We'll see how I do.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: