Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 188

Today I am grateful for the little moment I had with Baylor after dinner, while Mollie was still trying to finish eating.  He wanted to show me the eleven planets (I know ... I didn't know about this either) and tell me all about them.  I felt awake and alert, something I've been struggling with a lot lately, and I got to snuggle a little with my wonderful son.  It was really nice.

I feel like I have to start soaking in all these moments and snuggles and smiles because in the fall he'll be going to school for all-day kindergarten, and I don't even know how that's going to work.  I will miss him so much, as will Mollie.  I know we'll find our new normal, but the thought boggles my mind right now.

So, I'm letting it go for now.  Letting it go and just enjoying our time together as much as I can.  That's all we can ever do, right?

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: