Friday, May 31, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 206

Today I am grateful for a couple little packages that arrived this afternoon.  Going into this summer I found myself unhappy and underwhelmed by my summer wardrobe, only having seven or so t-shirts to wear, and only some of those really looking good on me.  My body has changed a lot in the last few years between two pregnancies, during each of which I gained a lot of weight, nursing two kids, and then losing a bunch of weight after going on a low-sodium diet.  Somewhere along the way I lost a sense of what really looks good on me, what really makes me feel like a put-together adult.  So I ordered a bunch of clothes to try, things with bright colors and no horizontal stripes; the latter of which always make me look like I have a linebacker's shoulders.

So far, not much of what I have ordered has fit or looked great on me, but it's nice to feel like I'm moving toward something that could be called "my style".  And no, this isn't some higher calling, some lofty goal to be met.  But there is something to be said for how you present yourself, and clothes are often used to tell other people who we are and what we're about.

I guess I'm just looking forward, hoping that soon I'll look more like ... me.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: