Friday, May 17, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 190 (a day late)

I know this might sound strange, but today I'm grateful that our dishwasher finally broke.  The racks have been rusting away, the utensil basket is broken and occasionally the forks and knives would poke through the bottom and make it difficult to pull out the bottom rack, and so on and so forth.  So when the detergent somehow didn't get used and all the dishes from the last two loads came out just as dirty as when they went in, that was it.  The very last straw.

Yes, it sucks that I had to wash two dishwashers full of dirty dishes all over again and that we are currently out of a dishwasher, but this means we get to start looking for a new one!

*sigh*

It's amazing what we get excited about as we start to get older.

Have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Kinda jealous. Really need/want a new dishwasher, but haven't been able to convince myself to take the plunge.

Nicole said...

I know the feeling, Jocelyn! I had been wanting a new one for months (okay, a year or two). I'm glad ours forced our hand ... and without any damage to our house.