Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 197

Today I am grateful that I finally figured out what to do with extra chicken broth.  (Amazing what thrills us as we get older ...)  Instead of letting half a carton of low sodium chicken broth sit in the fridge until it has ultimately expired, I read that you could pour it into ice cube trays and freeze it for future use.  Awesome!  So I gave it a try, and now I have a gallon-sized baggie full of what appear to be urine ice cubes in the freezer.  They smell terrible (I don't know about you, but chicken broth is not an appealing smell to me) and they look awful, but now I can feel good that I didn't waste a bunch of perfectly good chicken broth and that I will have some ready to go for later!

Win-win!

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: