Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally a Fall We Can Enjoy

Baylor and I headed outside yesterday to enjoy the beautiful fall weather we were finally having here in Michigan. I wasn't so sure how he would like all the leaves, but let me tell you ... they were a hit!

I even had to leave him for a sec to grab my camera from the car, and he didn't move a muscle, other than to pick up a new leaf.

It was like he had found all these treasures on the ground, just waiting to be plucked up and inspected.

It seems like not long ago he was just learning how to walk; now that I see him crouching and standing again, I am so proud of how far he's come!

To really appreciate the leaves, one must sit in them - so he did. He even offered one to me!


Eventually he got into tearing the leaves up into smaller and smaller pieces.

Then he got a little spooked by something, but I still have no idea what.

So I snatched him up and took him over to another tree where the leaves were still falling and fresh on the ground. The sun was out and I got my favorite picture of the afternoon.


I've always loved the beginning of each season, but having a kiddo makes the change of seasons that much more special and magical.

No comments: