Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Pickin'

My mom, my sister, and I took Little B to a local farm yesterday to get him his very own Halloween pumpkin! If you live in the Grand Rapids area, I highly recommend Under the Pines for all your fall pumpkin and produce needs; they are truly wonderful! (Oh, and they are located on Alpine, north of all the hubbub.)

At first, the task of choosing the perfect pumpkin seemed a little daunting.


And since one cannot properly choose a pumpkin from one's stroller, it was time to venture out amongst the orange!

Sometimes it helps to give them a little tap, tap, tap.


This one had one tiny ant crawling on it, and Baylor promptly found it and crushed it. He has spider-killing abilities in his future, I can tell.

Either bored with the process or overwhelmed by the choices, he decided he wanted to head back to his stroller and inspect his straps.


Aunt Christine found a great pumpkin for him! Sadly, she was not up for a picture, so Baylor and I took one together.


After paying for the pumpkins and loading them into the car, my sister and I rejoined Mom and Baylor who were working on finding some good fall corn. And apparently scoping out the crowd.


"See, Baylor, THIS is good corn!"


It was a fun time and a great way to enjoy our one nice day this week. The rest of the week's weather promises to be rainy and cold, so it was great to have gotten outside while the getting was good! Mr. Pumpkin is currently chilling on the breezeway, but in no time I'm sure we'll have him carved up and ready for some awesome Halloween action!

No comments: