Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love the dressing up, the candy, the pumpkins ... everything. So it's probably no surprise to those close to me that I was geeked for this year to finally dress up Little B. I wanted something easy that wouldn't cost us too much, with the hopes that at least part of the costume could be used again at some point.

Keeping that in mind, I decided to dress him up as one of my favorite cartoon characters ...

... Charlie Brown!

My sister and I added the signature black zigzag to a mustard yellow shirt this week, and I picked up a pair of black cords that he'll be able to wear for months to come! Easy, awesome ... perfect!
Sadly, in the process of getting his costume all ready, I neglected my own costume until today. This is honestly the first time I've had to scramble to put something together, and I wasn't overly happy about it. At first I was going to try to do something to tie in the fact that I'm pregnant (Juno, pregnant 50's housewife, etc.), but I hate not having continuity in costumes when you're together as a group.
So I did a little extra research, and my husband and I dressed up as Linus and Peppermint Patty respectively. Baylor was clearly more obvious as Charlie Brown, but I thought it worked out reasonably well, all things considered.

Unfortunately, I got really cold in those shorts and ended up changing my outfit soon after this picture was taken (I threw on some clothes and went for the "Juno" effect ... it was still Halloween, after all.), but we had a nice little family portrait anyhow.


Baylor didn't do much trick or treating, but when he did go out I threw on a thermal underneath his costume to help keep him warm. My mom was slightly appalled at this and was sure he'd catch a cold, but my little man is a furnace (just like his dad) and I knew he'd be fine.
After my husband and son visited two houses, they came home and we got to play!

The cords I bought him were size 24 months, and apparently the Falls Creek brand runs a little bigger than I'm used to because they were falling off him all day! The more tired he got, the more difficult it became for him to wear his saggy pants, so we decided to switch his outfit to one his Grandpa E bought for him in China.

Isn't he adorable?!
Here he is with my dad, who was using all his energy just fighting to stay awake. That 12 hour time difference jet lag is quite the doozie!


Baylor has generally short legs for his height, so these pants didn't fit him overly well either. But he made due.


He even made a little mischief in his fancy outfit, getting into the candy we had set by the door for trick or treaters!


All in all, it was a lovely night. The weather wasn't great, but we still had a pretty decent turnout. I think I may have eaten too much of the Halloween candy we were passing out, and I'm not sure how strong my willpower is, so I might have to give the rest of the candy I set aside to my sister (or just throw it away).
I hope you all had a fun, safe Halloween!

No comments: