Friday, October 2, 2009

New Bedroom: Wall Decals

Since we are expecting a baby in the spring, we thought it wise to prepare a new room for Baylor as he transitions into the role of big brother. After stripping off some ugly fly fishing wallpaper, my lovely family helped paint the walls this beautiful buttery/parchment color (with a green accent wall that I hope to display in a post later on). We used low VOC paint from Lowe's, and I am really happy with how well it covered and how little it smelled.

Anyhow, then my mom suggested some wall decals to liven things up. I personally wanted to paint a mural, but since I can't even seem to keep our house clean on a daily basis I realized she had a really great idea. We looked through the Uppercase Living catalog and decided on "Always Looking For Adventure" and some cute clouds. After they arrived, my AWESOME sister put them up. Wanna see how things came out?

The layout ...


Mom and Christine reminded me time and time again, "That paper is REALLY sticky!" Yup, I get it. Of course, when I suggest that you could reuse it as fly paper I get an eye roll. What's up with that?

The first cloud cluster we got on the wall! Yay!


Look at the care with which she applies the decals. What a good aunt!


The finished product! What do you think?


The dressers are from the Pottery Barn Outlet store in Birch Run, Michigan, and we found a great crib at a local consignment store. I'll have to post more pictures when we get things all finished up. So far, so good, though!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! You are very organised to be starting so early. Well done!