Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!

On Thursday night we finally got around to carving Little B's pumpkin! He got a front row seat for the action.

My husband got things started ...

... and offered to do the dirty work, even though I wouldn't have minded.


I finally got to use my pumpkin carving tools and be a little artistic. It was a lot of fun!


But Baylor couldn't have cared less.


Ah, the fine art of pumpkin carving.


Once I got it done, we put in a candle, lit it up, and turned out the lights. My son was very fascinated with it, so I decided to take a picture. The first one, without the flash, didn't turn out so well.


Then I turned on the flash, and I got this in the pitch blackness of the kitchen! Amazing, huh?


But I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?


We put it outside tonight, and I really think it added to the Halloween aesthetic of our humble abode.

No comments: