Monday, October 19, 2009

Writer's Block

Last night as I was lying in bed, I had an epiphany about a post I wanted to write. Suddenly, the words, perfect and clear, came pouring into my head, expressing all the exact feelings I have been feeling lately. In that instant, I strongly, strongly debated whether or not - at midnight - I should head downstairs and pound out a post; I know myself well enough to understand that that was my shot to get it out. And I passed. And I woke up regretting it.

Sure, I could remember what the post was about, but the words weren't there anymore. I couldn't find what I was truly wanting to say. And as the day progressed, my attempts to capture the thought again resulted in a simpering, whiny little post that I would probably regret writing as soon as I hit the "Post" button.

Had I had one of those nifty little netbooks at my bedside I could have dashed into the bathroom and hammered out something that would give me inspiration in the morning. Or, if I could just write as fast as my brain can think, I could have jotted it down in my journal. But, alas, the thought is gone.

Maybe it's better this way; maybe this is the universe's way of telling me that I shouldn't have written about my current clothing situation and other moans about motherhood. (See, you don't want to read it either, do you?)

It just sounded so damn good in my head last night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a pity we missed it!

Amber said...

That happens ALL the time to me. And I always think to myself thatI should get up and go get a notebook and jot down my thoughts/ideas - but I never do. And I ALWAYS regret it. I think I'm going to get a notebook to keep by my bed!!