Friday, October 9, 2009

Little B and the Fruit Bar

My son loves fruit and cereal bars, so when I was last at the store I bought him some of his very own mini fruit bars! They have been a hit, but the other day I decided to let him feed one to himself.

At first, he started off slowly ... inspecting the tasty morsel I had just handed him.



"I'll just take a bite."

"Hmm ... that was good. Really good ..." (Notice the perfect, tiny little bite taken out - isn't it cute?!)


"I don't have these cheeks for nothing ... let's just try putting the whole thing in my mouth."


"Oh crap, some of it is coming back out! What should I do?"


"Okay, if I just put it on my tray, I can eat it after I finish this bite. Dang it! Some is still squishing out! Oh well."


"Oh fruit bar! How I love thee! Oh, Mom, I didn't see you there! Would you like some?"


Needless to say, it was a hit - and now he won't let me feed it to him. Oh well, it's good practice, and I watch him like a hawk while he's eating it. Hopefully this fruit bar will be a gateway food to things like meats and breads! We shall see!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I love the super kid bib!

Nicole said...

Thanks! My friend's mom made it. She does a lot of embroidery on bibs and burp cloths.