Saturday, November 14, 2009

Brownie Heaven

My sister got me the upscale, non-infomercial equivalent of Perfect Brownie for my birthday (along with a 7 lbs. 8 oz. box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies from Costco), and I decided to give it a try yesterday afternoon.

The instructions for the pan said to spray it well with non-stick cooking spray, so I sprayed the pan then stepped outside to spray the divider grid, making sure to get every nook and cranny. After mixing up the batter, I poured it into the 9" by 9" pan, sans grid. The divider grid went in a little tough because there are chocolate chips in the batter, but with a little wiggling it slid in and seemed to be ready to go.

About 36 minutes later, I pulled out one of the most delicious looking pans of pre-cut brownies you could ever imagine.


It said to let the brownies cool completely before pulling out the divider grid, so I waited impatiently as the pan cooled off. At one point, I gave the grid a little tug to see if it was going to slide out effortlessly like I'd hoped, but it didn't yield a bit. Ugh, I thought, this doesn't look good.
Once the pan had sufficiently cooled, I tried to remove the grid again, and by putting my fingers on the handles of the removable tray for resistance it slid out without a problem. Success!

Then I removed the brownies with the handy dandy removable tray; it didn't come out as easily as I'd hoped because some of the batter snuck in between the pan and the tray, but all things considered it was pretty darn simple.


Because I'm pretty sure the divider doesn't extend perfectly to the bottom of the tray, I had to use a spatula to coax the brownies off the tray, but all in all it was blissfully easy. Usually my brownies are a mangled mess after I extract them from the pan, and half of them end up stuck to the knife.
Not this time. Not this time, my friends.


Sheer perfection! And they tasted great, too! My only caveat is that the grid was a bit of a pain to clean up, but if that's the only problem I'll take it!
For those of you interested in this pan, either for yourself or for a fantastic gift for the baker in your life, it is made by Chicago Metallic and can be purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I highly recommend it!

No comments: