Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy (Belated) Veterans Day!

I wanted to get this post done yesterday, but life got in the way. Anyhow, first and foremost I want to say thank you to all of our servicemen and women (current and past) who have helped defend and protect our country. We here at the Jacques household really appreciate all that you've done for us and the US.

In honor of Veterans Day, Little B wore camouflage pants all day and we talked about the people who defend our country. He didn't seem to understand, but someday he will I'm sure.

The day's events were much more bland and mundane than I'd hoped, but sometimes that's just the way the ball bounces. We first had to go to the car dealership to get my oil changed. At $14.99 the oil changes are very popular, so we had to wait for an hour. But, true to form, my little man was patient and happy with his surroundings.

He asked to turn on and off the lights numerous times, and pleaded to play with the thermostat, but I explained to him that the dealership wouldn't want us to. He eventually seemed okay with that.

He waved at the men in the room, not the women - just the men. I don't know why, and the men didn't even notice he was doing it (or even that he was there), but he was waving his little heart out for a few minutes at each and every guy in the room.


One of the other ladies in the room, offered him this little McDonald's age 1 to 3 toy since he was being so good. It was still in the packaging, so we happily accepted and he had a blast playing with that for the remainder of our time there.

After the oil change, we came home, got Baylor a nap, and worked on the laundry. As he was waking up, one of my loads finished and he got to help with it! As far as helping went, though, he only focused on my turquoise tank top.

In and out, in and out.


Clapping for himself at a job well done!


Oh, time to stand on his head a little.


I swear, he was grinning ear to ear two seconds before this picture. Sadly, this is what I got:


And back to in and out, in and out.


All in all, it was a good day. How could it be anything else, really, when you get to spend time with such a happy little guy?!
Happy Veterans Day to you and yours!

No comments: