Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Year Blogging ...

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the day I started this blog. I was going to do something special for it, commemorate it somehow, but the days have been slipping away from me lately and yesterday was particularly rough (e.g., little sleep for me, crappy napping for the little man, self-pitying thoughts). So I guess this is my little nod to the first anniversary of something that has come to mean a lot to me.

In all honesty, I started writing this blog for two reasons: to have an outlet and to make a little money. I have succeeded in the first goal times ten; in the second goal I have failed completely. The second goal didn't mean as much to me, though, so I'm not too worried.

A third purpose for this blog came about unexpectedly, and I can't tell you how excited I am about it. Somewhere along the way, this blog also became a way for me to keep in touch with people I love who live far away. This includes my grandparents! My grandparents (Hi, Chuck and Betty! I miss you!) who live over an hour away but with whom I am so excited to share all the ups and downs of life. I never thought I'd see my grandparents actively using the computer, but they do now and part of the reason is to see what I've posted. And for that alone I am humbled and yet so proud.

Whatever the reasons I started it, and whatever reasons I picked up along the way, I hope you all have enjoyed this first year as much as I have. I'm looking forward to many more years of blogging and sharing my life with you all, friends, family, and relative strangers alike.

Have a wonderful, beautiful day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Blogoversary!

It's also a great place to record AMAZING memories of your sons younger years :)

Nicole said...

Exactly!

Thanks, Amber!