Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amalia's First Birthday!

Today is Amalia's first birthday!  Can you believe it?  I got up at 5:30 this morning to work out, and it dawned on me that that was the time one year ago today that my water broke.  So, instead of working out, I decided to get ready for the day and try to post her birth video on the blog.  I ran into problems ... so, so many problems; I ended up nearly crashing the computer as a result.  So I've taken a break from trying to post that video and will wait until Bryson gets home tonight to try again (and until after I get all of our precious photos backed up on our external hard drive).

It has been a pretty low-key day around here; the real shindig is this Saturday - and then another party on Sunday.  But it has been nice nonetheless.  Mollie and I have gotten to spend a lot of alone time together; she woke up early and then Baylor spent about an hour and a half with Grandma today, so it was just the ladies of the house for a while.  We smiled, kissed, and hugged a lot.  It was good.

Before breakfast, I got a little video of her and her new communicativeness that I thought you might enjoy.  I have a couple more videos I might post (at least one of her walking!!!), but it'll have to wait until our computer is done backing things up as it's running slow as molasses right now.

Anyhow, here she is, our little birthday girl.



And here she is again before lunch.  She was so happy to sit in the booster seat just like her brother usually does.  I just love her little smile!


Have a wonderful day!  (And happy birthday, Sharon!)

No comments: