Friday, March 4, 2011

Snack Trap

Every day, Baylor gets to have a little snack, usually two handfuls (his hands, not mine) of Goldfish crackers.  We put them in this handy little contraption called a Snack Trap, and keep on playing.  Why?  Because this awesome little bowl keeps the snack in.  We actually got it for free at Stride Rite during his first shoe fitting, and at first I didn't think it was ever going to be used.  But he loves his little green bowl now.

The whole thing is quite simple, really.  It's just a little plastic bowl with a lid on top that has a bunch of slits cut into it so he can get his little hand in.



See?

Is it fool-proof?  Nope.  Things occasionally get out, and you could never put anything wet in there.  (Unlike the Gyro Bowl you may have seen recently on TV that claims to be spill-proof ... intriguing.)  But it serves a purpose and it wasn't super expensive; in our case, it was free.  (Usually they go for a little under $2.00 if you buy them at a store like Babies R Us.)

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share this with you since we have had such success with this little bowl.  I don't like him eating all over the house, leaving a trail of crumbs wherever he goes, but with the Snack Trap the mess is kept to a minimum.

As always, I am not paid for any of my endorsements on here.  I like what I like, and I enjoy talking about it. 

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

My parents bought Evie the Gyrobowl and though she is far too young to need it, Grandpa put a handful of pennies in it to try. He shook it over his head and twirled it around and didn't loose any. I think the true test will be the toddler test someday, but it does seem pretty neat.