Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lucky Mama

This past Thursday was St. Patrick's Day, and I have never felt as lucky as I did this year.  I have two amazing children, and we so enjoyed ourselves this St. Patrick's Day.

Mollie woke up promptly at 8:30, so after I got her some breakfast, she and I were able to spend some alone time together before Baylor woke up.  First, we tried on some new shoes I ordered for her.



Then she decided to use my desk chair as a walker.


Once she spotted the sunshine streaming in the front window, she made her way over to check it out.


But, industrious as she is, the investigation didn't last long and soon it was time to move the desk chair a little more.


It got stuck in the doorway, and she used some pretty fancy moves to dislodge it.


I wanted to check the weather to see what was in store, but since my desk chair was being used I just knelt on the ground.  Needing a break, Mollie decided to lounge on my legs.  (And this picture makes my hair look super frizzy ... *sigh*.)


After Baylor woke up and got breakfast it was time to play!


We tried on two of the three pairs of shoes I ordered for her again and decided on the purple pair.


I went in to take care of the shoes and get a Goldfish cracker snack; Baylor, much like a cat, heard the sound of Goldfish and came running.  I put a few in his snack trap and as soon as he brought them down to chest level, Mollie was all over him trying to get some.


Poor Baylor ... Mollie has been all over him lately.  Whatever he does, she deems golden and wants to partake in as well.


Bless his heart, though, he's so patient with her.  Especially so, considering he's only two and a half.


Baylor moved on, so Mollie took a moment, climbed into his couch's built-in sleeping bag, and enjoyed.


Then she went off to see what he was up to.


As the other person Mollie likes to lavish her attention on, I can tell you that it gets exhausting after a while.  I'm so proud of him for being so patient with it all.


My mom and sister came over later in the day to help out with a few things, and when Mom and I left to run an errand, Christine and Baylor enjoyed a little Lego time.


He just loves putting the letter ones in alphabetical order!


I am such a lucky mama to have two wonderful, sweet children!  Hope you all had a happy, safe St. Patrick's day!

No comments: