Thursday, March 24, 2011

So Very Sick

I tried to come up with a better title for this post, but I couldn't think of anything that didn't a) share too much, or b) make me sound sad and pathetic (even though I am).

After we got home from my parents' house last night, I knew something was amiss.  I felt truly awful, mostly in the stomach area, and with all that nasty flu going around I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to experience something truly awful very soon.  Once the kids were in bed, I discovered I was right.  In this instance, I hate being right.

I'll spare you the intimate (read: disgusting) details, but I'll sum it up by saying that my husband slept in the basement and I slept with a bowl next to my bed.

Last night was awful in a very physical way, but today has been awful both physically and emotionally.  This morning, and much of the midday, I spent sleeping, trying very hard to ward off the crud and get back to normal.  Bryson stayed home to take care of the kiddos, thank goodness, and I feel very lucky to have this option to stay in bed, all quarantined and cozy.  But I miss my kids.  I miss them so much I can't stand it.  I can hear them running around downstairs, and it sucks to know that I'm not there.  This is the most time Mollie and I have spent away from each other, and by all accounts she is handling it very well.

Oh, and because I started a new exercise class yesterday, my body is screaming at me like nobody's business.  The parts that get sore and achy when you get the flu are there, yes, but I also get the added bonus of having everything else be sore because I finally used those muscles.  Oh, and the vertigo is still there ... at least I think it is anyway ... it's tough to tell since I've lost about ten pounds during the whole flu experience and that could very well be causing all the dizziness.  We'll see what happens once I start feeling better.

Until then, I am just hoping that no one else gets sick.  (Knock on wood!)

And also, kudos to you parents out there who do the difficult thing and go to work and miss your kids everyday.  You have superhero hearts in my book.  And kudos to you single parents out there who do it all, taking care of yourself AND your kids when you get sick.  Also, very superhero-y in my book!

No comments: