Friday, March 4, 2011

Weaning: Do It Yourself?

I just put both kids down for a nap.  Baylor, being two and awesome and all, has decided he doesn't want to nap and is just going to make a bunch of noise in his crib.  *sigh*

Mollie, on the other hand, would not nursed.  Flat-out refused to.  I tried forcing her down ... nada.  Oookay.  So I read her a few books, thinking that might get her drowsy enough to want to nurse.  Nope.

Instead, she looked at her crib, said, "Nigh-nigh," and made a goodbye waving motion with her hand.

Riiiight.

Tried nursing her again and she responded the same way.

Fine, I thought, you don't want to nurse, you can go in your crib.

So, I put her in, she snuggled down with her pink bear (Dollie and Sleep Sheep were in the wash) and I haven't heard a peep out of her.  I really can't believe it.  Could she be weaning herself?!

No comments: