Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Grocery Cart

My mom found a great deal for a toy grocery cart on craigslist, so she got it for the kids and had my sister bring it over last week.  The kids, in the days since, have fallen in love with this simple toy.

The first day, during their nap, I set up a grocery store so they (okay, mostly Baylor) could shop with his new cart.  (I have better pictures of the store, but it ended up being demolished in about 2.5 seconds so it's a little sad for me to see it in its former glory.)



Admittedly, Baylor usually hogs it most of the time.  But if the timing's right and she's awake for any part of his nap, Mollie enjoys pushing it around.  Of course, when she runs into a wall she has no clue what to do with it.


And if it's not pointed in the right direction she'll just push it from the side.


But she loves it all the same.

Another awesome feature about the cart is that the basket can be removed to be used as a simple grocery basket.  Quite frankly, the kids could care less about using the basket when it's off the cart.  I did catch them using the cart base in an interesting way the other day, though.


Mollie had sat down on the base, and seeing her there Baylor decided to give her a ride.  It was so insanely cute!  (I have a video of it, but blogger isn't letting me upload it for some reason.)  And it was really nice to see them actually playing together!  Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

No comments: