Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 126

Every day I have posted I have many more things to be grateful for than I express here.  Some days I have to think harder than others for something original to share, but I always have so much for which to be grateful.

Today I have a few things I'd like to highlight ...

I am grateful that Baylor woke up happy this morning.  When he realized I was there to wake him up he actually said, "Hooray!  It's morning!"  Son, please do this every day.

I am grateful that I took the time to walk Mollie up and down the toy aisles today at Meijer looking for ideas for her birthday.  She pointed out a few things she'd like, and tonight I was actually able to get one of them.  I had planned on just ordering the trike from Amazon.com, but I thought I had better double-check the price at Meijer just in case.  As luck would have it, it was $10 cheaper at our trusty local supermarket thanks to a fortuitous sale, so I scooted on over there tonight and picked up what appeared to be the last one.  (It was the last one on the shelf, anyways, so I am choosing to believe that it was in fact the last one at the store - or on the Earth, whatever - and that it was meant to be.)  Now I just get to look forward to the excitement on her face when she opens it.

I am grateful that the kids played so well together today.  I don't know exactly why it was, and it didn't last the entire day, but I was so grateful that they seemed to be getting along really well.

I am also grateful for the nearly-half hour of absolute silence they gave me after we got home from the library.  They dove right into their books and didn't come up for air until Oma and Aunt Christine showed up for lunch.  It was amazing and wonderful and exactly what I needed after herding them at the library.

So for all that, and so much more, I am grateful today.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: