Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 143

Today I am grateful for a little moment I had with Baylor tonight.  We had just gone out to Spoonlickers for dessert with my parents and sister, and it was time for us to go home and get the kids to bed.  Baylor, having just heard the news, was quite upset over it.  He cried and protested and reasoned with us all he could, but I ended up having to scoop him up with tears in his eyes.  As we made our way to the car, I trotted a bit in hopes of getting his mind off the transition and something even better happened.   He laughed!  I mean, hard as he could, giggling like crazy laughed.  I loved seeing him so wildly happy and carefree for a moment, and it reminded me of how hard he'd laugh when he was a baby.

Did he still have trouble when he was getting into the car?  Of course.  But he was much easier to calm down, and we ended up having a nice little night.  And really, that's all you can ask for.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments: