Saturday, March 30, 2013

This n' That: February 2013

There are, of course, pictures that just don't quite fit into this post or that, so I decided to put a few together that just couldn't be missed (or were demonstrative of stories I wanted to tell).  Here we go!

Almost two months ago I decided the kids needed to start having some more tasks they would be responsible for around the house.  I firmed up the idea that they are responsible for picking up a their own toys and putting away their coats, hats, boots, etc.  Then I informed them that they would be responsible for setting the table at dinner time from now on.  Baylor decided he wanted to set Mommy and Daddy's places, and Mollie took the kids' places.  I drew out how the table should be set, gave them the utensils, plates, etc., and set them to work.  Baylor, always the individual, bucked tradition and set the table "fancy".   



Each day it's a little different, but it's never anything like the diagram I drew out.


The kids are really into watching Pixar shorts.  One day we discovered a particularly awesome one, and they really wanted to show Bryson.


Toy Story Toons: Hawaiian Vacation on Disney Video

It's so tough to get three people around a laptop, though.

Our school-day mornings were getting pretty harried there for a while.  The kids were taking an eternity to eat breakfast, and I was getting really upset trying to hurry them through our mornings.  I knew the key would be to find something Baylor would be jazzed about eating, and after a few different tries, I finally found it ... whole wheat waffles with mini chocolate chips in each little divot.  Is it super healthy?  Not exactly, though the waffle isn't too bad.  But it gets him eating.  Pair that with a stick of string cheese, and he's good to go for his morning at school.  Plus, by not letting him have the chocolate waffle thing any other day besides school days, it's a total treat.  Heck, I can even get him out of bed by reminding him about his special waffle treat.  I mean, come on ... just look how happy he is after he has one!


Mollie got into her Minnie Mouse costume one day, and I just had to get a picture of it.  So cute!  (And there's Baylor in the background trying to take all the shoes I ordered out of the big mailing box so he could play with it.)


My mom is always on the look-out for fun things to keep at Oma's house to play with, and in late February she found what is now my favorite.  They are called B. Pop-Arty Beads, and they are too much fun!  Most of the time we just make jewelry out of them, but my sister actually made a little man.  Oh!  Here he is ... his name is Warren Beady.  (For whatever reason, I find this endlessly hilarious.)


Look how cute!


They are an absolute blast!

My father-in-law's birthday was also at the end of the month, and I just had to post this picture from the celebration.  This is what 59 candles in a cheesecake looks like!


February was fun, but March is shaping up to be pretty awesome as well!

No comments: