Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Pizza from Scratch

My dad got a cheese making kit from my sister for Christmas, and in early February they finally decided to try it out.  Lucky for us, we got to enjoy some of the fruits of their labor.  





Now when I say we had "pizza from scratch" I mean it; Dad and Christine made the cheese while Mom made the pizza dough.  If I had known exactly what was going on that day, I would have brought over some of my homemade pizza sauce and had a totally from scratch experience.



The kids were not overly interested in what the adults were doing so long as they got to have pizza for dinner.



Once the crusts rose, the za-making began!






The end result?  Hands down, one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten.  The cheese was unbelievably fresh-tasting, the sauce - though not homemade - was light and delicious, and the crust was a wonderful complement to it all.


Delicious food and warm company always make for a wonderful evening.

No comments: