Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Year of Gratitude: Day 132

Today I am grateful that I am able-bodied enough to take care of our house.  It's not fun some of the time, but I am glad that I am able to do it nonetheless.

Baylor commented during lunch that I should clear off the driveway (thanks, kiddo) and asked if I'd be doing that during nap/rest time.  So that's what I did.  I pulled on my boots, shrugged into my ski jacket, secured my earflap hat with the jaunty little pom-pom on top, and put on my d-bag/trying-too-hard/last-grab-at-youthfulness neon wayfarer sunglasses and went outside to shovel off the four-or-so inches of snow that had fallen already.  The kids were upstairs resting/napping, having been warned that I couldn't not just run on up every time someone felt the need to share an interesting tidbit of information with me (I'm looking at you, Baylor), and their monitors were on the breezeway with the volumes jacked up as high as they go.

Yes, it was hard work and I probably could use a little ibuprofen to ease some aches and pains, but it felt good to be able to take care of our little family like that and feel like a semi-responsible adult.

Now I just get to look forward to the years when the kids can help me with it.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: