Monday, June 22, 2009

Cape Cod: Last Day in Chatham

Our last full day in Cape Cod was spent seeing the sights and relaxing in Chatham. We spent most of our time shopping up and down Main Street, searching for the perfect candy, necklaces, pies, etc.

Yup, that's me nursing my son on a park bench without my nursing apron. I could feel the breeze on my bare back, shirt hiked up, my son peeking up at me every so often before he fell asleep. It was a humbling moment, let me tell you.


Ah, Chatham Candy Manor ... how you tempt us! This was a delectable little store filled with delectable little treats. Yes, we picked up a few. Jealous? You should be.


Turtles, carmels, and peppermint patties ... oh my!

And some of the most delicious saltwater taffy I've ever had.

We ate at the Wild Goose Tavern for dinner that night. Incidentally, it was one of the few restaurants we ran into that actually had a changing table in the ladies' room.

These kids were playing music on the sidewalk. I speculated that the kid with the bongos got them for his birthday, decided he wanted to start a band, and this was what he could scrape up. They had a nice beat going, but apparently they only knew one "song". And, personally, I would lose the flannel shirt ... way too 90's Seattle, if you ask me.

All week, Little B had a thing going for the carbon monoxide detector. He'd crawl from all the way across the room just to try to play with it, only to be met with a big fat, "No!" from whichever adult happened to be nearby. Thwarted again, little man!

One must have one's tongue sticking out while inspecting fine woodwork.

Trying on Daddy's Cape League hat ... a little too big, but I'm sure he'll grow into it.

Cute family photo, courtesy of the tripod and timer.

All I wanted was a picture with my sister ... check out the middle left window. Sneaky little man!

We took a trip to the park nearby to check out the playground. Here's the little man on one of those things that bobs back and forth. He seemed to enjoy it enough.

The baby swings were definitely where it was at, though. He loved them, as usual, and I loved that they had straight bars near the seat so he wouldn't pinch his fingers in the chain!

My sister and I went to Marion's Pie Shop in the morning to pick up some treats to have in the evening.

My favorite dessert we picked up was the shop's specialty, Bailey Berry Pie (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries).

It was probably the best non-homemade pie I've ever had. And it wasn't even at the perfect temperature, but it was sooooo good!

No comments: